In preparation for something to spice up burgers, had a go at some home-made relish/ketchup, but it is very much a work in progress – would welcome any suggestions.
- A tin of chopped tomatoes.
- 1 finely-chopped onion
- 100 g chopped up pickled gherkins.
- 1 garlic clove fine-chopped.
- 75 ml spirit vinegar. (White wine vinegar probably better, but I’m allergic to the sulphite preservative in it.)
- Teaspoon of sugar.
- Flat teaspoon each of coriander, mace and paprika
- Half a level teaspoon of Tabasco sauce
Soft-fried the onion with the garlic, put everything in a pot and simmered it for half-an-hour, then whizzed it smooth with a hand blender. Smelled pretty pungent during the simmering, but the final product was not unpleasant. Going to use it in my next recipe: pheasant burgerwiches.
These ingredients made enough to fill a 400 ml jar.
Pingback: Burger and Fries (pheasant and sweet potato) | COOKING FOR NOTHING